Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Getting In Your Secret Place Every Morning

Psalm 91:1 ~He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand].~~Amplified Version
Have you found your secret place in Jesus today? What exactly do I mean? The covering that comes from spending time with Him. One thing that has remained important for me to do is to stay intimate with the Lord. If I miss that time with Him, it messes my day up. I seem to draw vitality from closeness with Him. I'm sure everyone has a different way of doing it. My favorite is going outside in the early morning and just talking to Jesus, singing to Him and praying for my family & others. Sometimes, His anointing can be so heavy.
I was listening to a song today ,"I'd Rather Have Jesus." As I listened I thought how true that is for me. You know, only Jesus has been that constant friend, companion, and so much more. Nothing can compare to Him. Nothing can compare to His love. His love is perfect. His love will get you through your day. Are you refilling yourself with His love everyday? Not that His love is not already in you, but when you are spending time with Him that love gets thicker and can flow out so much easier. It's like a river.
Psalm 17:15~ As for me, I will continue beholding Your face in righteousness (rightness, justice, and right standing with You); I shall be fully satisfied, when I awake [to find myself] beholding Your form [and having sweet communion with You]. ~~~Amplified Version
Having sweet communion with Jesus describes perfectly what getting in your secret place means.
Psalm 5:3~ In the morning You hear my voice, O Lord; in the morning I prepare [ a prayer, a sacrifice] for You and watch and wait [for You to speak to my heart]. ~~~Amplified Version
Psalm 25:14~ The secret [of the sweet, satisfying companionship] of the Lord have they who fear (revere and worship) Him, and He will show them His covenant and reveal to them its [deep, inner ] meaning.
If you find yourself having moments of being touchy, cranky or inconsiderate of others try getting up early in the morning before everyone else and spending time with the Lord. If you aren't use to it, it will take some consistency, but you will find that your day will go much smoother. You'll find that things don't hit you as hard as they might have normally. You'll see a difference and when you experience the sweetness of being close to Jesus in this way......NOTHING will be able to take it's place.

No comments:

Post a Comment