Friday, March 20, 2009

What Are The Benefits Of Staying In The Secret Place?

We will read the first two verses of Psalm 91.
1. He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand].
2. I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust! ~(Amplified Version)
~Okay, so when we dwell in the secret place , then we will remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty.
When we say of the Lord that He is our refuge & fortress, our God on whom we lean , rely and confidently trust......... (when we do this, read what the benefits are)
3. For [then] He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.
4. [Then] He will cover you with His pinions , and under His wings shall you trust and find refuge; His truth and His faithfulness are a shield and a buckler.
5. You shall not be afraid of the terror of the night , nor of the arrow (the evil plots and slanders of the wicked) that flies by day,
6. Nor of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor of the destruction and sudden death that surprise and lay waste at noonday.
7. A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not come near you.
8. Only a spectator shall you be [yourself inaccessible in the secret place of the Most High] as you witness the reward of the wicked.
9. Because you have made the Lord your refuge, and the Most High your dwelling place,
10. There shall no evil befall you, nor any plague or calamity come near your tent.
11. For He will give His angels [especial] charge over you to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways [of obedience and service] .
12. They shall bear you up on their hands , lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13. You shall tread upon the lion and adder; the young lion and the serpent shall you trample underfoot.
14. Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he knows and understands My name [has a personal knowledge of My mercy, love, and kindness--trusts and relies on Me, knowing I will never forsake him, no, never].
15. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
16. With long life will I satisfy him and show him My salvation.
(Amplified Version)
If you are not seeing the benefits of these scriptures in your life that could be an indicator that you need to get in the secret place. Think about when you are having a rough day and things just aren't going as you had wished. Things seem to be weighing heavy on you and you are feeling quite burdened. Wherever you are in your walk with Jesus, it is never too late to get in the secret place. For me, in early morning is the best time. It's like a covering over my whole day. If I miss a day, I can tell!!!!! There is a big difference. There comes a time where the communion, that sweet time alone with the Lord is so filling that nothing will take it's place until you've been there. However, it doesn't stop there. I find myself talking to the Lord throughout my day. I know Him, He knows me, He knows everything about me and He enjoys me taking time out with Him. There is an old song called "I Miss My Time With You." The Lord misses us spending time with Him . He wants to lead us down the right paths and He wants to help us make the right decisions. But are we listening? Probably not, if you are too busy for Him. Another neat thing to do is after spending that time with Him ask Him if there is some way you can show His love to another person that day. Who needs to be loved on? Who needs a call saying you're just checking on them. When you do things for others it is like doing things for Jesus. However, you must keep it balanced. Make sure you are taking care of your spouse and children too. One who is too busy doing things for everyone else and doesn't take care of their own family......well, just keep a balance.
You know, staying close to Jesus will really lead you in the right directions. That's what you want to be doing the right things, with the right people, for the right reason's and in the right places. If you choose His ways, blessings will come. All that He has can be yours. He is your daddy God.(Abba Father) He does want the best for you. Are you seeking His best? I just want to encourage you to spend time with Him. Don't take it lightly. The Lord loves you and even if you have gotten away from Him, He still wants you back. He will welcome you and love you. What about my sins, you may ask? He is faithful and just to forgive you of your sins and to cleanse you from all unrighteousness. What if I can't forgive myself? Ask Him to help you to forgive yourself. He paid for your sins on the cross! He's not up in Heaven with a frying pan ready to whack you over the head. Nope!!! He is a very loving and compassionate God. He is full of mercy and grace. His grace is enough! His love is enough! He is all you need! No man, woman, child, friend, etc. will ever love you the way you need to be loved. Only Jesus can love you like that. Only He can fill that void in your life. Feeling empty? Go spend time with Him. Feeling lonely? Go spend time with Him. Feeling unloved? Go spend time with Him. Having a hard time letting go of fleshly things? Starve those desires by cutting them off at the root. How do you do that? Pay attention to the things that open the door to those desires then cut them out of your life. You can do it. Get alone with Jesus. Maybe going outside somewhere nice to spend time with Him will help you enjoy time with Him and help you to not focus on everything else that's going on in your life. ~~~~~~~~~~~~Jesus is Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment